Sunday, May 27, 2012

Secondhand Sunday 22

1


2


3


4


Today I spent the day with Mum. We started out going to the market where we found some goodies and got a pumpkin spice & chocolate chip scone each, then we went to visit my house (which is in the process of being repaired), then spent the rest of the afternoon browsing in imported furniture shops.

These book ends were one of my finds from today and I brought each of these books for $1 each - one is a book about Yves Saint Laurent and the other is about women in medieval China. I have a pile of 2nd hand books on my nightstand, I really need to start reading some of them...

You may have noticed I haven't said much about our renovations lately - that's because not a lot has been happening! The builders finally started this week, the bathroom has been ripped out & the plumber has moved the pipes so I guess that's a step in the right direction. Initially we were told we'd be able to move in next week but now we're looking at at least another 6 weeks, maybe even longer.

Happy Sunday :)

Dress : Portmans
Jacket : Secondhand from Paperbag Princess in AKL
Necklace : Purchased at a crystal shop in Paris
Boots : Overland (4 yrs ago)

14 comments:

  1. What a great fall look! I love the name of that shop- Paperbag Princess! Have you read that (children's) book? It's one of my favorites!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have, I actually have a copy, it's always been a favourite of mine too!

      Delete
  2. Awwww days with mum are the best. Mine is coming to visit next month. I cannot wait. LOVE the book ends. Such a creative idea.
    Seattle Beauty Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely outfit Julia, shame the repairs are taking so long! I always try and read at least a chapter before bed each night - could be a way to get into reading? xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia you look so wonderful and perfectly styled as always... sorry you saw the blog award before I told you, I did the post before bed last night and saved the informing of the recipients for this morning, but with the time difference you saw it first!

    Glad you're pleased, you so deserve it as one of my new fave blogs :))

    Catherine x
    http://www.notdressedaslamb.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the rust and cream combo. :) And lovin' your hair, Julia!

    xx Love & Aloha
    http://elisharon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those book ends so cute. I hope the home repairs run smoothly for you and that there are no more delays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I NEED those bookends! I love books so this is such a cute clever way to store them. You as always look stunning in that outfit, and now I'm hungry, and craving a pumpkin spice and chocolate chip scone...I wonder why?

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your jacket! And those book ends are great, I could really do with some too! x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the necklace! And the eyeliner looks great on you too

    xoxo Sootjeelina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reno's always take longer than expected, it's the WORST. I absolutely love this dress, perfect colour on you. Great with the jacket
    I need some book ends like this! They're so cute

    ReplyDelete
  11. o i love those book ends! i want 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful make up. and your necklace is awesome :)
    btw - thank you for your comment. I follow you :)

    www.seszenatmidnight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.
I really appreciate it!
XOX